Welcome to Harrison Oncology Services
Welcome to Harrison Oncology Services, where we’re delivering exceptional healthcare, one patient at a time. We understand that a diagnosis of cancer can be freighting for both patients and their families. But rest assured, at Harrison you’re in the care of our region’s most skilled team of oncologists and staff. Our highest priority is your care and recovery.
Here are ten more reasons to feel assured you’re in the best possible place for your cancer care:
- Patient Experience Vision: At Harrison Oncology Services, our Patient Experience Vision is all about you. We understand what you ask of us: Care about me. Keep me safe. Help me heal. Everything we do is to help fulfill that vision. We’re here to support your physical, emotional, and spiritual needs throughout your diagnosis, treatment, and recovery.
- State-of-the-art cancer care, close to home: At Harrison, you won’t spend valuable time commuting by car or ferry for big-city medicine, when all the care you’ll need, of similar or higher quality, is right here at home.
- Full spectrum of cancer care: Harrison offers the full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient cancer care. From education, prevention, genetic testing, and diagnosis to the latest treatments in chemotherapy, radiation oncology, surgical care, and complementary therapies, as well as clinical trials, survivorship care planning, home health, palliative care, bereavement service, and charity care, we’ll take care of you every step of the way.
- Board-certified physicians: Our expert team of board-certified medical oncologists and hematologists has world-class training and experience. Many of our oncologists come from the nation’s most respected medical schools, teaching hospitals, and the military, including Mayo Clinic and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Sirisha Jain, MD, trained under the nation’s most renowned oncologist, Robert Livingston, MD, at the University of Arizona Cancer Center in Tucson, Arizona. Dr. Livingston is one of the nation’s strongest advocates and experts on clinical trials and clinical research in oncology. His work has markedly improved the effectiveness of cancer treatment for patients around the world.
- Nationally certified oncology team: Additionally, our team includes nationally certified oncology nurse practitioners and registered nurses with specialized training in caring exclusively for cancer patients, radiologists, pathologists, Doctors of Pharmacy (PharmD), inpatient hospitalists, rehabilitation specialists, social workers, and a patient navigator to help patients through every step of their treatment and recovery.
- National accreditation/quality of care: Harrison has earned national accreditation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) for 25 consecutive years. We don’t take this accomplishment lightly. To ensure continued accreditation, high patient satisfaction, and excellence in cancer care, Harrison conducts quality initiatives and distinguishing clinical practices, such as a cancer registry, cancer conferences and committees, genetic testing, clinical trials, integrative health, palliative care, and survivorship care planning.
- Continuity of care: Continuity of care for cancer patients is critical to achieving successful outcomes. Harrison demands a high level of communication between its oncology providers, emergency and inpatient care providers, pharmacists, and other members of the patient’s care team. Cancer conference meetings are held twice weekly among members of your oncology care team to ensure thorough communication and a team approach to cancer care for patients.
- Around-the-clock care: Understanding that cancer patients often require care after hours, Harrison offers 24/7 physician on-call coverage so patients continue to receive the very best care when they need it most—even after hours and on weekends. Our dedicated oncology telephone triage service is staffed by certified oncology nurses so patients are appropriately evaluated and receive the best possible care.